Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Heap of Trouble by Lorrie Unites-Struiff


Today I welcome fellow MuseItUp author Lorrie Unites-Struiff to the blog for a peak at her Western Romance, A HEAP OF TROUBLE.

(Isn't the cover gorgeous? I just love the way the sun makes a heart between the two of them!)



Sheriff Cole Walker is fearless, except when it comes to critters. When a runaway ringtail monkey decides to adopt Cole and won't leave, he has more woes than he can handle.


Cole has a powerful yen for the newly arrived Mattie Wells, the pretty woman who can jingle his spurs with just a smile. Mattie takes a shine to men who have pets, and she adores the monkey. So do all the town's folk – until their smaller valuables start coming up missing. But Cole has no choice but to put up with the thieving furball if he's going to win Mattie's heart.

But Mattie is holding a dark secret and refuses to get married. Cole tries every which way to make her see that she's the only woman he wants, but with cattle rustlers and a miniature thief on the loose, it's all Cole can do to find time to take her to a picnic.

Cole and his deputies, Wade and Sully, are given a month to find the thieves before Mayor Farley calls for outside gunslingers. Cole knows that'll spell disaster for the town and likely unemployment for him. Can he overcome Mattie's fears, bring the rustlers in, and teach his new unwanted furball sidekick a lesson about property rights before the town implodes?

With the help of his deputies and his unwanted sidekick Beggar, Cole must find a way to win Mattie's heart, bring the rustlers to justice, and bring peace once again to Cold Creek, Kansas.

Yep. Cole has a heap of trouble on his hands.


So, if you're looking for a western romance, with a bit of comedy, check out A HEAP OF TROUBLE.

9 comments:

  1. I love that cover too! And I was lucky enough to read the story already - a wonderful tale of redemption. Keep 'em coming, Lorrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love the cover...The book sounds delicious and funny, just the way I like 'em...Congrats on ur new book....Tabs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cate and Tabitha, this is a clever cover, nicely done. The story sounds intriguing, especially the twist with the ringtail monkey.
    Chris K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a pre-reader like Cate. I'm also a pre-orderer so I could get a first edition. I'm sure I can get Lorrie to "sign" it for me in some way.

    It's a very cute story, but it's also got an interesting mystery aspect to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments. Yes, I love the cover too, and I have to thank the Muse editors and Suzanne Safi for the clever cover.

    Hmm, don't know how I'm going to sign it. You'll have to walk me through it.

    Oh, I forgot to put the trailer on here. I'm such a dummy. Anyway, the trailer is on FB. And thanks for making it for me Marva. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorrie. I've been a big fan for some time and am so excited to get this new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Lorrie, I think I have it finally. I really liked reading your post. You know I wish you all the best. Every book you write is a winner. Congrats

      Cathy

      Delete
  7. The cover is beautiful! I noticed the heart right away too. It's a great story, and I loved every minute of it! I could have kept on reading. I have to admit, I don't read many westerns, but this one snagged me from the beginning and kept me turning the virtual pages to see what would happen.

    Loved Beggar! He's so dang cute! This is a great story that will appeal to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lorrie,
    Like all the others, I too love the cover. Very romantic!

    The thing I like most about Lorrie's writing is how she brings her characters to life. From Cole and Mattie to beggar and Baldy. She manages to blend romance with suspense and a lot of humor. This, IMO, is a must read.

    Congrats on the new release. Yee-Haa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.