Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hodge Podge

Thanks for all the suggestions and encouragement for my agent search.  I really appreciate it!

I think I have my query where it needs to be, and am working on a Synopsis (not as difficult as I thought it would be!)-- I hope to share more on this with you later this week or early next week.  And my agent to query list is growing.

We've been having thunderstorms roll through at night, and the ones two nights ago reminded me of my childhood, where the thunder echoed around the valley.  The lightning was bright and vivid, lighting up the sky with quick flashes.  Last night, as another storm rolled in, I started thinking this was the perfect thing I needed for a WIP I am outlining in my thoughts (before putting it on paper).

So, today I ask--what weather have you seen that you've said, "Oh, that would be perfect for here!"?

2 comments:

  1. I love that term: hodge podge.

    I'm in FLA so we only get 2 choices of weather: hot or pleasant. And we're really starting to enter the hot stage.
    I see that you're in your query stage. How exciting! This last time around I did a bunch of queries thru query tracker. As long as they represent my genre, I query them. I'll pretty much query anyone who seems legit. But there are those I won't query after reading their comments on Twitter or such, because I just know they wouldn't be the right fit for me.

    Are you a member of YALitChat.org? You can submit to their agent panel after getting your query polished and accepted for submission. I've had 3 requests that way. It's for either YA or MG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on finishing your query (and, uh, JEALOUS that your synopsis is going well!) Good luck! Rooting for you all the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.